Sunday, January 8, 2012

Saturday morning cartoons - Shadowcat



















This was a great idea by my friend Chris about how to put together my list of awesome females with my love for fictional characters. I also have to give him credit for the name of the listing. Any list has to start with Shadowcat, otherwise known as Kitty Pryde. This is the cover that I remember from my early comic buying habits that featured Kitty. Having since then gone back and read Chris Claremont's run on Uncanny X-Men, I have to say that Kitty is my favorite Marvel character. She was smart, knew computers, wore glasses and felt overshadowed by the other members of her group. One of my favorite speeches in comics is New Mutants #45 where she is giving a eulogy for a student who had committed suicide due to his feelings of alienation at being a mutant. Unlike most other members of the comic female population, Kitty doesn't have exaggerated attributes (i.e. humongous boobs) looking more girl-next-door than goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment