Friday, January 13, 2012

Sarah Michelle Gellar


So far, we have had 4 women from movies and two from books that were turned into movies. This one though is the first from television. No list of my favorite entertainment would be complete without the inclusion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The brainchild of Joss Whedon, Buffy went from really bad movie to great TV show. Sarah did a great job of balancing the comedy, drama and action from the series. Buffy and Sarah have influenced a lot of what’s come after them as far as strong female characters and weird dialogue patterns. I started watching Buffy when it was doing reruns between season 4 and 5. To watch the first four seasons, I had to buy really bad recorded copies off the internet from other fans until the DVD's finally came out. I'm a bit shocked that she hasn't had a more successful post-Buffy career but she'll always represent the best in TV to me.


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001264/

Things I’ve watched her in: Buffy the Vampire Slayer; I Know What You Did Last Summer; Cruel Intentions; Angel; The Grudge; Happily N’Ever After; Southland Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment