Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Elisabeth Shue

Day 3 features the second girl that I remember having a crush on in the 1980’s. It seemed like she was the designated girlfriend of that time period for the “loser who does something awesome” films. In talking to others about this idea, I was thinking about the fact that when I initially watched TV or movies, I was very focused on the characters and didn’t really think about the actress playing the part. I thought characters were attractive but didn’t really think about the person behind the part. Elisabeth Shue, by virtue of being in three different films that I liked, made me appreciate and recognize the “girls behind the mask” for the first time.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000223/

Movies I’ve seen with her in them: The Karate Kid, Adventures in Babysitting, Back to the Future Pt. 2 & 3, The Saint, Hollow Man

No comments:

Post a Comment