Friday, January 6, 2012

Heather Graham

I wanted the first week of this to be some landmark girls. These are girls who I think of fondly for one reason or the other. Heather Graham is the first for "License to Drive". License to Drive is not a landmark film for me but she is.

When I think back to my childhood, I don't really remember my childhood celebrity crushes. I very rarely went to the movies and we spent a large period of time where we didn’t get any channel that wasn’t Channel 9. So while I watched a few shows and saw some movies, there really haven’t been that many girls who stood out in my mind.

“Mercedes” stood out though. The exotic name of her character plus the unbelievable good looks of Heather Graham never really left my memory. In fact, when I got the internet hooked up in my house in 1997, she was one for the first girls that I looked up just to see what her real name was. I had forgotten it after all those years and only remembered the character’s name. Heather Graham had just become famous for "Boogie Nights" and "Scream 2" so she was coming back into the headlines just as I was rediscovering her. It was a perfect symmetry.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001287/

Movies I’ve seen with her in them: License to Drive, Diggstown, Lost in Space, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, From Hell, The Hangover

No comments:

Post a Comment