Friday, January 27, 2012

Jewel Staite

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0821612/

I admit it. I was late to the party. I didn't watch Firefly when it was on television originally. I didn't discover it until it was out on DVD. That worked well because I did get to see the episodes in order. I'm still mad that the show got cancelled. I'm not sure I've seen a show start as well out of the gate as this show did. All the characters were wonderful, deep and engaging. Jewel was excellent as the ship's mechanic. She was very shadowcat-esque with her unconventional beauty and intelligence. One of the interesting things about her was that Joss didn't want her to be rail-thin so he encouraged Jewel to eat and stay a healthy weight for the character. I had the pleasure of meeting Jewel at Emerald City Comiccon a few years ago where she also did a panel. I can't wait to watch Stargate Atlantis to see some more of her.


Movies I've watched her in: X-Files; Firefly; Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment